Taking Control of Your Life With Conscious Living
The feeling that you are drifting through life without really ending up where you want to go can be frustrating. It can wreak havoc on your sense of purpose, your ability to remain focused or make meaningful decisions. Living consciously is a choice to take control of your life and add purpose and meaning to each decision you make. Focusing on conscious living can bring energy, meaning and direction to your life. It just takes some lifestyle adjustments.
Recognize the Opposite of Conscious Living
You don’t have to be living in chaos to feel like life has escaped your control. Consider these questions:
- Are you working a job that you want or one that you fell into?
- Are you thriving on the choices you make or simply making the best of ones made for you?
- Are your days full of happy, positive experiences that you take an interest in, or are you getting by with busy work?
- Are your weight and overall health negatively impacting your life?
- Are you struggling to find joy, contentment, love or other fulfillment from your job, social circle or environment?
If you chose the latter or answered yes to these questions, even just one of them, chances are you aren’t living consciously. With that in mind, you can determine to make a change.
Steps to Conscious Living
Making the choice to live consciously might take place immediately, but the change doesn’t happen right away. Though it sounds as simple as making different choices, this is a lifestyle that requires changing years of bad habits and rewiring how you’ve been thinking about life. In the simplest form, conscious living is to think carefully about everything you do. The busy pace of life has many people on autopilot, but now is the time to grab the steering wheel and turn your life in a different direction.
Think Critically About Your Life’s Goals
You may not be in the job or house that you want, but that shouldn’t keep you from dreaming and setting goals for your future. Life is about making choices, and as you make choices, you lay the foundation for the future. If you are to follow a lifestyle of conscious living, you need to have an end goal in mind. It could be a career choice, size of your family, house purchase, travel dreams or higher education. Write your goals down, and then draft a plan to see them through. Taking action begins with knowing where you are going.
Consider How Your Life Impacts the World
You’ve probably been more focused on the immediate effects your life has on your family or friends than on the rest of humanity. Everything you do has a global impact, though many aren’t aware of the extent of their decision-making. Conscious living means thinking about the long-term effects of your lifestyle. It means shopping sustainably, using the Paris Laundry Market Bag to reduce plastic consumption and landfill contributions. It means purchasing cleaners by Clean Republic to avoid contributing to the air pollution in your home. In fact, the All-Purpose Everyday Cleaner is a perfect nontoxic, eco-friendly option to use around plants, animals and your precious family.
Take a Good Look in the Mirror
Many women rely on their skincare and beauty products to feel confident and ready to face the world, but what if the products you’re accustomed to using are destroying the world? Living consciously means finding new makeup, hair or skincare materials that not only make you feel glamorous and beautiful but also have a positive impact on the many ecosystems around the globe. Paris Laundry is dedicated to providing products that support a natural lifestyle that improves wellness and protects the environment. Give these products a try and elevate your lifestyle toward more conscious living:
- Gressa Minimalist Corrective Serum Foundation is a creamy, beautiful, natural finish that allows your skin to breathe while looking its best.
- Translucent Corn Perfecting Powder removes shine by naturally absorbing the oil from your face and lets you breeze through the demands of the day confidently.
- Avocado Waterproof Mascara stimulates growth and helps regenerate your lashes while holding up under the toughest, wettest conditions. This minimizes applications, saving you time and money as preserving the resources of the earth.
- Suntegrity Mineral Sunscreen Lip Gloss comes in different shades but works hard to protect your lips from the damaging rays of the sun. A vegan-friendly option, this lip gloss choice adds glamor and luxury to your look, letting you embrace your inner diva while nourishing and moisturizing.
Rethink Your Diet
What you put on your body and what you put inside your body are incredibly important when focusing on conscious living. An old adage from the wise women of yesteryears says, “A moment on the lips but a lifetime on the hips.” While watching one’s weight is often a motivation for dietary choices, the true motivation should be the impact on health and wellness that your meals and snack times have. Your body requires an incredible amount of nutrients and minerals in order to reach its full potential. Junk foods and other poor nutrition choices lead to being both unhealthy and unhappy.
Women lead busy lives, and it can be hard to keep adequate nutrition levels. Make carefully chosen supplements and teas a part of your conscious living strategy, and watch the benefits these can have in your life. Paris Laundry carries several options covering women’s greatest nutritional needs:
- Vegan Vitamin D Capsules
- Happy Hormones Tonic
- Bioactive Collagen Booster
- Organic Vegan Protein Powder
- Angel Herbal Tea
- Genmai Chai Immunity Boost
- Complete Amino Acid Complex
Evaluate the Costs of Your Decisions
Whether it's taking on a new project at work, volunteering for your child’s classroom, or making household purchases, think about the costs each decision will bring. Don’t limit your exploration to the monetary value. Sometimes your time is worth far more than you realized. Decisions may lead to stress, which can ultimately cost your health and emotional stability.
Decide To Pursue Conscious Living
These decisions will put you on the path toward conscious living, but they require commitment. Shop with Paris Laundry to keep your life your own and live it to its fullest potential.